This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
Instructions on how to install OpenJDK on a Windows OS for Remedy 19.02
Please note, Remedy also supports OpenJDK 11
Remedy does not support Java version 9 , 10 and 12 because these Java versions are not supported by Oracle.
1) Download OpenJDK 11 from https://jdk.java.net/11/
2) Extract the zip file into a folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\ and it will create a jdk-11 folder (where the bin folder is a direct sub-folder).
You may need Administrator privileges to extract the zip file to this location.
3) Set the PATH:
- Select Control Panel and then System.
- Click Advanced and then Environment Variables.
- Add the location of the bin folder of the JDK installation to the PATH variable in System Variables.
- The following is a typical value for the PATH variable: C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11\bin"
4) Set the JAVA_HOME:
- Under System Variables, click New.
- Enter the variable name as JAVA_HOME.
- Enter the variable value as the installation path of the JDK (without the bin sub-folder).
- Click OK.
- Click Apply Changes.
5) To validate if the java path is correct, open up the Command Prompt and type java -version and see if it prints your newly installed JDK.
Please note, if you're attempting to run the ARS installer (setup.exe) and OpenJDK is not configured correctly, you'll see the following error: