This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MyIT Digital Workplace
18.05 and beyond
What do I need to check when surveys/email/comment notifications are not being fired on DWP?
SRM/ITSM notifications are not part of this troubleshooting list. That configuration is set in another Product: AR Server/Apps side of Remedy.
-Make sure that your SMTP ports are open on your LB, server Firewall, ACL and that your SMTP is working properly.
-If this is a server group environment, make sure that only one server is set as master and only one has notificationPoller Enabled under connect-dwp.properties
Primary DWP server
NotificationPoller.ENABLED = true
Secondary DWP server
NotificationPoller.ENABLED = false
-Make sure your DWP hostname has a valid ip set under the machine's host field.
-If you are using an alias- make sure alias, loadbalancer, hostname, fqdn and ip address are correct and can be resolved correctly.
1) First thing would be checking whether surveys are in enabled or not, per
2) Then you need to make sure that under connect.properties ( MyIT/DWP external conf folder) you have the right SMTP settings:
Here's an example.
smtp.host=mailhost.calbro.com //for gmail use: smtp.gmail.com
if you are using Google SMTP
Make sure you have this
mail.smtp.ssl.enable=true and using port 465
Note: This change requires a Tomcat Restart
3) Go to http://YourDWPServer:9000/dwp/admin/configuration/email.html
Make sure you have a valid email address on the Sender field
On the backend URL, make sure that you have http:server:port OR if you have a custom URL/alias, it should look like this:
If you do any updates on this, restart the DWP Tomcat,too.
4) Edit JVM Settings for you MyIT Tomcat. Having low memory values will prevent notifications from going out. Minimum recommeded is 6144m, Initial and Maximum values should always match.
7) If you still face issues after doing all of the above, then collect UX/DWP on debug log and contact BMC support, please.