This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MyIT Digital Workplace
What do I need to check when surveys/email/comment notifications are not being fired on MyIT/DWP?
SRM/ITSM notifications are not part of this troubleshooting list. That configuration is set in another Product: AR Server/Apps side of Remedy.
-Make sure that your SMTP ports are open on your LB, server Firewall, ACL and that your SMTP is working properly.
-If this is a server group environment, make sure that only one server is set as master and only one has notificationPoller Enabled under connect-dwp.properties
Primary DWP server
NotificationPoller.ENABLED = true
Secondary DWP server
NotificationPoller.ENABLED = false
-Make sure your DWP hostname has a valid ip set under the machine's host field.
-If you are using an alias- make sure alias, loadbalancer, hostname, fqdn and ip address are correct and can be resolved correctly.
-Confirm you have the correct server name and port under <Tomcat 8.5>/external-conf file
- myit.server.host = servername
- myit.server.port = 9000
1) First thing would be checking whether surveys are in enabled or not, per
2) Then you need to make sure that under connect.properties ( MyIT/DWP external conf folder) you have the right SMTP settings:
Here's an example.
smtp.host=mailhost.calbro.com //for gmail use: smtp.gmail.com
--This change requires a Tomcat Restart--
3) Also, there are some cases, on which having the wrong inApp and PushNotifications settings can interfere with this functionality.
Under connect.properties, add the below:
pushNotificationFeature.enabled=false ## This will disable APNS notifications, you need to disable this if you have not done the APP Resign Process. In case you have them, set this value to true.
This change requires a Tomcat Restart
4) Go to http://YourDWPServer:9000/ux/admin/configuration/email.html or http://YourDWPServer:9000/dwp/admin/configuration/email.html (depending on your version)
Make sure you have a valid email address on the Sender field
On the backend URL, make sure that you have http:server:port OR if you have a custom URL/alias, it should look like this:
5) Edit JVM Settings for you MyIT Tomcat. Having low memory values will prevent notifications from going out. Minimum recommeded is 6144m, Initial and Maximum values should always match.
DEBUG | c.b.b.m.s.n.EmailNotificationServiceImpl | Email with subject xxxxxx was successfully sent to user to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also do a search on srmSurvey and it will show whether the survey was created/sent or not.
7) Make sure you have these two files
- <Tomcat 8.5>/external-conf
- <DWP Install Direcotory>/DWP/DWP/dwp/WEB-INF/classes/certification/
8) If you still face issues after doing all of the above, then collect UX/DWP on debug log and contact BMC support, please.