This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MyIT Digital Workplace
18.05 and beyond
What do I need to check when surveys/email/comment notifications are not being fired up in DWP?
SRM/ITSM notifications are not part of this troubleshooting list. That configuration is set in another Product: AR Server/Apps side of Remedy.
-Make sure that your SMTP ports are open on your LB, server Firewall, ACL and that your SMTP is working properly.
- Check social connector is defined in server.xml
- Social port and host name are correctly defined in connect-dwp.properties
social.server.host = localhost
social.server.port = 9002
social.user.autocreate = false
- Social port defined in connect-dwp.properties must be the same in both config files
- Social port not being blocked by firewall
-If this is a server group environment, make sure that only one server is set as master and only one has notificationPoller Enabled under connect-dwp.properties
Primary DWP server
NotificationPoller.ENABLED = true
Rest of DWP servers
NotificationPoller.ENABLED = false
-Make sure your DWP hostname has a valid ip set under the machine's host field.
-If you are using an alias- make sure alias, loadbalancer, hostname, fqdn and ip address are correct and can be resolved correctly.
- Restart DWP Tomcat if any changes
-Make sure surveys are configured.
- Then you need to make sure that under connect.properties ( DWP external conf folder) you have the right SMTP settings:
Here's an example.
smtp.host=mailhost.calbro.com //for gmail use: smtp.gmail.com
if you are using Google SMTP
Make sure you have this
mail.smtp.ssl.enable=true and using port 465
Make sure you have a valid email address on the Sender field
On the backend URL, make sure that you have http:server:port OR if you have a custom URL/alias, it should look like this:
If you do any updates on this, restart the DWP Tomcat,too.
- Edit JVM Settings for you MyIT Tomcat. Having low memory values will prevent notifications from going out. Minimum recommeded is 6144m, Initial and Maximum values should always match.
- If you still face issues after doing all of the above, then collect /DWP on debug log and contact BMC support, please.