This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
All versions of FootPrints Service Core 12.x and 20.18.x
This topic contains information about fixes and enhancements in the FootPrints 20.18.03 release, and provides instructions for downloading and installing or upgrading to 20.18.03 version.
Check the release notes and known issues before upgrading to ensure there will be no conflicts with your existing processes.
- The Tomcat 7 service must be stopped.
- Backup the Footprints application file and database, there are no rollback options in the upgrade installer if it fails. Please follow these steps: Create a FootPrints Service Core 12 Backup Set
To perform the upgrade
- Log on to the system where you have FootPrints Service Core installed as an Administrator.
- Download the Footprints 20.18.03 installer file. For more information, see Downloading the installation files.
- Extract the installer file contents into a temporary location.
- Download Tomcat 8.5 and install it as an administrator, see Downloading the Installation files
- Install and Configure Tomcat 8.5, Support Article 000011063
- Stop Tomcat 8.5 service
- Copy Catalina folder from C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\conf if the file is not available in tomcat 8.5.
- Launch the Footprints 20.18.03 setup file with server administrator rights.
- Click OK.
- Once Footprints will ask to browse Tomcat location, Please specify the Tomcat 8.5 directory path Ex-( C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5)
- Complete the installation and start the Tomcat 8.5 Service.