This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
FootPrints 12.X and 20.X
Survey Item Link Control for Ticket/Survey link does not populate linked fields when survey is submitted
Survey Item Link Control for Ticket/Survey link does not populate linked fields.
Since the ticket is correct linked to the survey record, the linked fields should be populated accordingly.
The survey's link control will show the ticket in it, along with the "First Name" and "Last Name" values from the ticket, but the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields in the Survey would not have been populated.
A working Survey configuration.
1. Edit the Survey item to add a couple of matching fields for the Ticket into the Survey item. I added "First Name" and "Last Name" assuming these fields already exist for the Ticket item.
2. Edit the Agent Web form for the Survey item to add the new fields as well as a Link Control for the Ticket/Survey relationship.
3. Edit the link control and select the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields as both Grid fields and Linked fields.
- Also add the Record Number, Container and Link type fields into the Grid Fields list. Save the form.
4. Save and publish the workspace.
5. Create a new ticket and Close it so that a new Survey notification is sent.
6. Submit a new survey with the notification then view the Survey record that is created.
Defect : DRZNZ-1048