This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Micro Focus Silk Test for TrueSight Synthetic Monitor
BMC Synthetic Transaction Execution Adapter
Silk Test - All Versions TEA Agent - All Versions
If the system is not configured correctly, then the following errors may appear in the Synthetic Transaction in the TrueSight Presentation Server (TSPS) Console or in the Synthetic Truelog:
StInitSession(GUI-Level Testing Replay: 10 - Virtual user information, Silk Test Connection timeout reached.)
StInitSession(GUI-Level Testing Replay: 3 - Communication failed. The application has terminated, StInitSession)
LoadtestController: 3513 - Command <execute transaction> is currently not possible. Start load test controller first.
In order for a Silk Test script to run correctly on a TEA Agent, the system must be properly configured. Below are some best practices for configuring TEA Agents/Silk Test Open Agents system:
1. The TEA Agent must run as a process on the same server as the Silk Test Open Agent. If the TEA Agent does not run as a process, then the Silk Test script may not have enough permissions to run correctly.
2. Please follow all the directions in the following 2 links to ensure that the system is configured correctly:
(Note that this link is for Silk Performer 19.5. However, the instructions for this step are valid for Silk Performer 18.0, 18.5 and 19.5.)
3. Confirm that these registry settings on the TEA Agent system are blank:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon LegalNoticeCaption and LegalNoticeText keys
4. The server that the TEA Agent is running on must be a server edition running an OS such as Windows 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
5. Confirm the following settings are set:
- Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Security > Set client encryption level. Enable and set to low.
In same folder Require user authentication for remote connections by using network level authentication > set to disable.
6. The server must have a Remote Desktop license that allows more than 3 sessions at a time. There are 2 ways to confirm that this is configured correctly:
a. On the TEA Agent server, log in to the machine at least three times using the same user account. Each login should start a new session, not connect to an existing one. As evidence that this is working properly, bring up Task Manager and choose the Users tab. There should be 3 active sessions.
b. On the TEA Agent server, open the Remote Desktop Licensing Manager: click Start > Administrative Tools > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Licensing Manager, choose the server name. The "Total Licenses" should be set to more than 3.
7. The Silk Performer project must contain the function STInitSession. Ensure that this function contains the correct domain, username and password, and that the specified credentials are those which were used in the step 6.