This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
When a business rule that uses criteria of "Linked Record that will trigger this rule" is created to update subscribed tickets when a global ticket is updated, it does not run.
When a business rule that uses criteria of "Linked Record that will trigger this rule" is created to update subscribed tickets when a global ticket is updated, it does not run. It is not seen in History and the subscribed tickets are not updated as expected.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1) Configure global tickets as normal with relationships and link control on the form.
2) Create a business rule as follows:
Type: After Save
Business Rule Schedule: Run any Time
Triggers: On Linked Item Update [Global Link: Global Ticket]
Criteria: field: Linked Record that will trigger this rule
(any additional criteria as needed such as for Status, etc)
Actions: Set field value: Copy field from linked <field name> (where <field name> is field to be updated in the subscribed ticket(s).
Create more actions for additional fields.
3) Create a Global Ticket and fill out needed fields and save.
4) Subscribe to the global ticket and complete that one so the global ticket has a link.
5) Update the Global Ticket and set or change the field values that the rule should be updating.
The rule runs and the subscribed ticket(s) are not updated.
The rule does not run and the subscribed tickets are not updated.