This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
Remedy AR System Server v.9.1.x
Notifications about Ticket assignment, approval, Email System function, etcare not being received and in the Filter log the following error is displayed:
ERROR (317): Duplicate form name; [AR System Email Messages, AR System Email Messages Archive]
com.bmc.arsys.domain.etc.ARException: ERROR (317): Duplicate form name; [AR System Email Messages, AR System Email Messages Archive]
at com.bmc.arsys.server.domain.service.impl.SystemFormServiceImpl.getFormName_aroundBody24(SystemFormServiceImpl.java:903) ~[bundlefile:9.0.01-SNAPSHOT]
This behavior was logged as AR Server defect SW00546595, but this has since been closed as 'as designed' against AR System 18.05.
On AR System start-up, AR Server identifies key system forms by the presence of a combination of (reserved) field IDs present on those forms (Knowledge Article 000129359 provides full detail on this). In this specific case, the 'Archive Type' of the 'AR System Email Messages' form had been updated from the out of the box 'Copy to Archive and Delete from Source' to 'Delete from Source'. That change had caused the Form Type of the 'AR System Email Messages Archive' form to change from 'Archive' to 'Regular' form, which in turn causes the server to find both these (regular) forms as potential Email Messages form:
- AR System Email Messages
- AR System Email Messages Archive
The Remedy - ARS 18.05 Corrected and Known issues/defects (AR System Suite) article suggests to delete the 'AR System Email Messages Archive' schema as workaround.
Other potential workarounds that could be tested would be to:
- Open the AR System Email Messages form in Developer Studio
- Go to the form Archive settings
- Change Archive Type from 'Delete from Source' back to 'Copy to Archive and Delete from Source' (using the same 'AR System Email Messages Archive' form in the 'Archive to Form' setting)
- Save the change
- Identify the fields AR System uses to identify the involved key form
- Determine if any/several of those key fields could be deleted from the old archive form
- Delete the identified key field(s), in this specific case from the 'AR System Email Messages Archive' form
- Save the change