This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy IT Service Management Suite
Remedy ITSM Foundation
I want to be able to track active assignments of incident records through its process. How can I do this on current open incident tickets?
First lets understand some out of the box behavior
On the assignment log form you can find the below information:
- If you receive assistance from someone else, you can also keep track of their time through the Incident Assignment Log.
- The Incident Assignment Log contains a record of who created the current incident request as well as individual records for each group and person who was subsequently assigned to the request.
- Each record contains the total effort duration for each assignee (that is, the amount of time each group or person worked on the incident request), as well as other information.
- Because the Incident Assignment Log is historical, it does not contain a record for the current assignee, only for previous assignee.
- The system updates the Incident Assignment Log with a record for the most recent assignee each time the incident request is reassigned.
- When the incident request is moved to the Closed state, the system writes the final assignee record to the Incident Assignment Log.
- You can also update the amount of time you spent working on an incident request after it has been assigned to another assignee.
- You cannot delete a completed assignment log.
Knowing this here is the workaround I came up with.
During the process of incident resolution assignments are tracked through the audit logs as well as seen in the below screenshot
Knowing this information it is possible to create a custom report to report of the form