This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
AR Server 18x
How do I use D2P to patch a New Server in a Server Group Environment that has already been patched.
- Environment with 2 AR Servers in Server Group.
- Both Servers are on 1802 i.e. 9.1.04 patch 2.
- Adding a New AR Server to this Server Group.
You are not allowed to simply redeploy and only apply the patch to a single server
- In this case, you would connect to Server 3 directly and try to deploy the D2P patch 2 package.
- The Single Point Payload deployment reads all 3 servers are part of deployment.
- This forces the User to run the arpayloaddeploymentutil.bat on each server again.
- Deployment Fails with 'Unique Index Error' on 2 Servers as they are already patched.
- User is forced to rollback the patch on 2 AR Server and then re-do the deployment on all 3 Servers part of the Server Group.
1. Ensure that the New Server is added to the Server Group.
Using the following steps, we can control the deployment on only the New Server added to the Server Group:
2. Open AR System Monitor Form in browser through any AR Server in Server Group.
The Ranking in this Form, controls the AR System Single Point Deployment Payload Ranking. This Ranking dictates which Server In Server Group will wait with status ' Download Pending', which is the signal to ran the arpayloaddeploymentutil.bat on that server.
3. Locate the 2 previously-patched servers and set the ranking to blank (null).
4. Using the Server 3 direct URL, connect to the Server and use the Deployment Manager to Import & Deploy the patch 2 D2P package.
5. Once the package is Deployed, VIEW the Payload Status.
6. On Server 3, Run the arpayloaddeploymentutil.bat utility
7. Patch gets deployed on Server 3 Only.
8. Open the AR System Monitor Form and add back a ranking for all of the ARServers