This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
When we try to install the Database, it fails with this error message:
- Directory Lookup for the file
- "C:\Volume2\MSSQL13.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\bcm.mdf " Failed with the Operating System error 2 (The System cannot find the file specified)
- Create Database failed.
Wrong Default Path setting used for SQL Server.
Cause: Due to Invalid path used for default installation location , the installer pickup this path in order to extract the Database tables or creating Tablespaces.
- Verify if the Default path where all installer or remote seeking for an access to database in order to create tablespace or extract the table.
- Verify if the path is correct or validate the files are actually stored into this default location or not.
- If in case, its not on same server then we may need to resolve the issue by passing the correct path to the database.
- In our case the Volume2 was used instead of the original path i.e Volume1.
Even if this shows correct, does Registry key also reflecting the same:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL1X.SQL201X\MSSQLServer
- May be your path somehow different but you will find under MS SQL Server
- To modify any settings it requires reboot in order to make the changes.