It is possible for BMC AppSight Test Recorder Editor and BMC AppSight Test Recorder to show the incorrect status for the scenario and BMC AppSight Black Box. The scenario icon will have a lock on it and the Black Box is started up and in ready mode. In this case it is not possible to:
- Change scenario
- Add / Remove Black Box from scenario
- Add / Remove Black Box from repository
- Change AppSight Server where Black Box is connected to
The scenario icon will look as follows:
The BMC AppSight Black Box will not be recording:
The reason nothing can be changes is because BMC Tester Server believes there is still an active recording taking place. Since there is still an active recording taking place it will not allow any changes. The active recording needs to be removed from its database. Only BMC AppSight Test Recorder Editor can remove an active recording.
Removing an Active Recording
In BMC AppSight Test Recorder Editor there is an option for Active Recordings:
- Open BMC AppSight Test Recorder Editor
- Go to Recording
- Select Active Recordings. This will open up the Active Recordings window.
- Check the name of the active recording
- Click on Stop and confirm that the scenario can be stopped