This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Is there a way to install the agent locally on a device and run the Track-It! audit from the device itself instead of depending on the network discovery?
In BMC Client Management, the "Audit" (as it was known in Track-It! 11) is referred to as the "Agent" and the "Agent" is deployed or modifying using what is referred to as a "Rollout". A Rollout can be used to deploy agents, change settings on agents or even remove agents. Rollouts are packaged as an application that has the commands you want executed during that Rollout and those applications can be downloaded from the Client Management server directly onto a device you want to scan or onto a portable drive to be distributed.
To access the Rollouts and download the application, point your browser to https://<clientmanagementserver>:1610/rollout
There are a few important things to know here.
- Notice the HTTPS on that URL. This is required. If you type HTTP, it will not work.
- The name of the <clientmanagementserver> might be the same as your Track-It! server, might be a different server, or might need to be accessed by IP address. It depends on your environment and how you set it up. You can look under the Asset Management settings in Track-It! 2018 to see the Client management server info of the server you are connected to if you need.
- Notice the default Client Management port 1610. If you have customized this setting, yours may be different.
- You will need to know the admin user account for your BMC Client Management server to log into the rollout page. (you may need to contact our support team for help in figuring that out since we dont use the Client Management console directly much from Track-It!)
- Once you are logged in, you will see a list of all the rollouts and be able to download the one you need. For your particular case, you would use the Windows agent rollout with the Rollout Type of Install. (see screen shot of my test server below)