This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Capacity Management for Mainframes
Visualizer for Unix/Windows
Cost Analyzer for Mainframes Visualizer Automator CDB Threshold Advisor
What are the steps required in the CMM products (CAzE and Visualizer) when the SQL Server database is moved from one SQL Server instance (server) to another?
The SQL Server database that is used with the CMM products is a standard SQL Server database, no special customizations. Therefore the standard SQL Server Utilities like Export and Import can be used to move the database from one SQL Server instance to another. Your DBA should be familiar with those.
After the move you would need to perform the following steps on your Application server...
1. Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit) panel. Select the data source being used by CAzE and click the Configure button.
2. In the Server field type in the new SQL Server "server" name. Then click Next.
Note: In the above example a SQL Server "Named Server" name is shown in the following format <actual server name>\<named server name>. If your SQL Server instance is not using a Named Server then just the <actual server name> is needed here.
3. If using SQL Server authentication type in the database password. Click Next. If using Windows Authentication just click Next.
4. Continue clicking Next until you get to the last page, then click Finish.
5. Verify the new Server name is listed and click Test Data Source.
6. You should see Tests Completed Successfully displayed. If not either the server name or the password is incorrect. Click OK twice.
7. Next Right Click on your Automator shortcut and select "Run As Administrator". Click File>New.
8. Click Edit>Database Catalog. Select your Data Source. Then click Remove.
9. Click Yes to remove the data source from the Automator Catalog.
10. Click Add Database.
11. Select your Data Source from the list. Click OK.
12. If using SQL Server Authentication enter the database password. Click OK twice. If using Windows Authentication just click OK. Then close Automator.
13. As long as the same Data Source name is being used, nothing should need to be done in CAzE.