This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Service Request Management
Service Request stays in Initiated status without creating a backend record.
There is no errors in Events Errors.
Details: PROD - Service Request is stock in the system (REQ000000035750) and INC is not been created. There could be other requests stock and I need this to be investigated as soon as possible.
Issue Summary: PROD - Service Request is stuck in the system (REQ000000035750) and INC is not been created. There could be other requests stock and I need this to be investigated as soon as possible.
1) Open "SRM:Request" form and search for the Request which is stuck in Initiated Status
2) Make a Note of the Request ID and Search the Request ID in "SRM:AppInstanceBridge" form by against field "SR Req Number". Make a note of the value from "zTmpEventGUID" field from this form.
3) Now Open "CAI:Events" form and search for the value we got in Step-2 against the field "Event GUID"
4) Make sure this record is having the "Return Code" as "Warning"
5) Now open the form "CAI:EventParams" and search for the value obtained in Ste-2 against field "Event GUID"
6) You should receive see several records returned. Check the record where "Param Name" is "1000000076". Notice that the "Param Value" is blank for that record. Now type "CREATE" (without quotes) and hit Save.
7) Go to CAI:Events for which the record is open, Change the "Return Code" to "Start" and set the "MaxRetries" to 0. Hit Save.
8) Refresh your Service Request and Open click on "View Process".
9) See if the Service Request created an Incident this time.
This problem is usually seen in 8.1 due to workflow execution timing. Its adviced to implement the hotfix: SRM_81_2014JUL27_SW00470571_ALL.
- BMC Remedy OnDemand