This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy with Smart IT
Remedy with Smart IT 1.5.01
Remedy with Smart IT 1.5.01 Remedy IT Service Management Suite 9.1
Use case 1)
|WO Notes field from Template shows on e-mail notification after the text has been removed.|
Email notification sent form Work Order created using WO Template contains notes text from WO Template as well as manually added text.
At the time of creation of Work Order customer is removing the notes added by WO template and manually adding notes. But the notification sent for the work order contains both text. i.e Notes from Work order Template and manually added notes.
Use Case 2) Data in Notes (Description) field of Work Order can get duplicated when submitting Work Order with Template from Smart IT.
Steps that would reproduce this issue:
- Create a Work Order template and provide data for the 'Notes' field:
- Login to Smart IT with a Work Order User (note: the user should not have Work Order Master permissions), go to 'Create New' -> 'Work Order' and select a customer
- Select the Work Order template created at step 1
- Select an Assignment and Manager Support Group of which the logged in user is not a member
- Save the Work Order and check the data in the Description field
SRM workflow adds original description from Work Order Template again to start of description field on Submit
- Update the Run-If condition of filter "WOI:WIC:CreateWorkOrder_095_CheckForTemplate02_Notes" from:
This assures that the filter does not execute when the Work Order submit is originating from Smart IT
- Disable filter "WOI:WIC:CreateWorkOrder_095_CheckForTemplate02_Notes"