This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
How to Enable Managed Package Encryption for Remedyforce Fields
To Enable Encryption for Managed Package Field:
- Process can take from 3 - 5 Business Days
- Purchase Salesforce Shield. Once purchased and enabled under Security Controls there will be a section Platform Encryption
- Configure the encryption profile/user
Video explains starting at 4 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr04rPE_1WY&feature=youtu.be
- Generate the encryption key and store it in a safe location
- Contact BMC Support to Enable Encryption for Remeyforce Managed Package Fields (https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring19/release-notes/rn_security_pe_diy_managed_package.htm)
- Encrypt the fields as per the Remedyforce documentation
Here are the links for what fields can be encrypted in Remedyforce
- Verify data is encrypted as desired.