This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedyforce Service Desk
How to Enable Managed Package Encryption for Remedyforce Fields
To Enable Encryption for Managed Package Field:
- Set customer expectations that is takes 3-5 business days to enable encryption.
- Purchase encryption. Once purchased and enabled under Security Controls there will be a section Platform Encryption
- Configure the encryption profile/user
Video explains starting at 4 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr04rPE_1WY&feature=youtu.be
- Generate the encryption key and store it in a safe location
- Contact BMC Support to open a case with Salesforce to enable Encryption for Managed Package Fields
- Customer must direct email the Salesforce TSA owning the case in Step 5 to request manage package encryption be enabled.
NOTE: Salesforce TSA will contact BMC with contact instructions
NOTE: Include the Org IDs: for production and Sandbox
- Encrypt the fields as per the Remedyforce documentation
Here are the links for what fields can be encrypted in Remedyforce
- Verify data is encrypted as desired.