This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedyforce Service Desk
Remedyforce Summer '17
How to Use Skip Remedyforce trigger execution (Skip RF Trigger Execution) in Process Builder
How to use the Remedyforce Skip Trigger Execution in Process Builder:
How to use the flag. Let us consider the following examples to understand how the Skip RF Trigger Execution field works when used with process builders.
1. Agreement: Service= Email Service ; SLT Qualification: Category=Hardware
2. Incident template: INC1 (Category=Hardware, Clientemail@example.com)
3. Workflow#1: [Rule Criteria: Category=Applications; Workflow Action: Apply template: INC1]
4. Process Builder#1:
Immediate Actions: Service=Email Service
1. Create an Incident with Category=Applications.
2. Template INC1 will get applied to the Incident which will change the Category to Hardware.
3. Now Process Builder#1 kicks-in, sets Service field to Email Service and SLA is applied.
Result: If the Skip RF Trigger Execution field is added to the Process Builder#1 and is set to TRUE, then Remedyforce trigger execution is ignored.
Let us consider a complex example where the user encounters a SOQL 101 error.
1. Create following Incident templates:
Temp1 (Client: firstname.lastname@example.org, Category: Hardware, Impact=HIGH, Urgency=HIGH, Service=BS1)
Temp2 (Service=BS2, Urgency=MEDIUM)
2. Create following Request Definition:
SR1 (Service=BS1, Incident template=Temp1)
3. Create following Agreement:
SLA1 (Service: BS1, SLT qualification: Impact=HIGH, Urgency=HIGH)
4. Create these Workflows:
WF1 (Rule criteria: Urgency=HIGH, Workflow Action: Field Update=Template Name (Temp2)
WF2 (Rule criteria: Impact=LOW, Workflow Action: Field Update=Template Name (Temp3)
5. Create and add a custom field of Text type to Service Request form.
6. Create following Process Builders:
PB1: (Criteria: Urgency=MEDIUM, Action: Impact=LOW)
PB2: (Criteria: Impact=LOW, Action: Urgency =LOW)
PB3: (Criteria: Impact=LOW, Text1 (custom text field) =Updated by PB3)
Create a Service Request by selecting template SR1.
Result: The service Request is not created and results in too many SOQL queries: 101 error.
To avoid SOQL 101 error: Create a clone of PB1 add the Skip RF Trigger Execution field in the action of the Process Builder and set it to TRUE. Now create a Service Request using the template SR1, which is successfully created. Adding the field skips the Remedyforce trigger execution.
How to Use Skip Trigger: