This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedyforce Service Desk
Unable to Submit Remedyforce Service Request Error: No Applicable Approval Process was Found
Error: The execution of an approval process has failed. Verify the approval processes to run successfully and resubmit the record for approval manually. The Service Request Definition templates will be executed after the service request is approved. Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: 
Explanation: If a user submits a service request and the request definition has a the option “Automatically Submit for Approval (when matching criteria are met)” Record is not submitted for approval even it applies for the approval process criteria.
Adding Record Creator as an Initial Submitter to the Approval Process:
- Go to Setup | In the Quick Find type: Approval Process | Click Approval Processes
- Click the name of the approval process | Click Edit | From the drop down Select Initial Submitters
- Click the Submitter type Search drop down | Select Creator
- Move Record Creator from Available Submitter to Allowed Submitters | Click Save.
- Verify when the users submits a Service Request the Approval Process is triggered.
There is one critical updates from Salesforce .Many of our customers has started facing the issue due to this critical updates.Attached the document for details.
Critical update date - 4th April 2019.