This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization
TrueSight Capacity Optimization 11.x, 10.7.01
Day resolution in analysis
1. Create a Performance vs. time analysis:
a. Select as entity filter “All systems/business drivers in container domain and its sub-domains”;
b. Select as analysis type “Performance vs. Time analysis”;
c. Select as template group “System” and needed template (e.g. CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, …);
d. Set as time resolution “Day”;
e. Set the needed time filter;
f. In advanced options set the chart split option as “a single chart”.
2. Create a Datamart based on the Analysis just created, set the property “Do not apply limits on rows and series” to “Yes” and save. After the creation click on materialize now.
3. After the datamart is materialized use its physical name to build up the datamart to be used in the summary table template in Truesight Presentation Server.
4. Create a datamart based on SQL and configure it as it follows :
5. Write up the query to get desired data and set the dependence to the datamart created before;(In the example we’re going to extract TOP 100 systems with higher Average CPU Utilization)
max(entid) as sysid,
max(entname) as entname,
max ((Select lookupvalue
from ENT_LOOKUP el
FETCH NEXT 1 ROWS ONLY)) as hostname,
avg(COALESCE(cpu_utilization,0)) as avg_cpu_util,
max(COALESCE(cpu_utilization,0)) as max_cpu_util,
min(COALESCE(cpu_utilization,0)) as min_cpu_util,
stddev(COALESCE(cpu_utilization,0)) as stddev_cpu_util,
count(entname) as count_cpu_util
[PHYSICALNAME_DATAMART_CPU] dm FETCH NEXT 100 ROWS ONLY
[PHYSICALNAME_DATAMART_CPU] is the physical name described at point 3
100 is the number of systems retrieved – in this case 100 since we’re extracting TOP100 systems
6. Click on the system id and set the meaning “system identifier”, for fields related to a metric set the meaning “value”. You can specify also labels and descriptions of fields and these will be shown in the table columns header. Set a sorting option to see default sorted table in Truesight Presentation Server.
7. Create a Summary table template
- Create a Summary table template
- Creating an Analysis and Model data mart
- Creating a SQL-based data mart for an advanced report template and a view in the TrueSight console
NOTE : Step of the creation of entity filter based on a search is optional.