This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
How to uninstall a Windows Client Management \ Asset Core agent?
Method #1 - Uninstall Rollout
The quickest and easiest way to remove an Agent is to run an Uninstall Rollout.
1) Login as an Administrator then Right Click on Global Settings-> Rollouts and select Create Rollout.
2) Give your rollout a meaningful name and change the Rollout Type to Uninstall.
3) Expand the new rollout and assign a new rollout server.
4) Find a rollout server (usually the master or a relay), select it, and hit OK.
5) Under the Assigned Schedule tab right click on the rollout and select generate Rollout Package.
6) Navigate to the User Accounts tab and add a new administrator account
7) Enter a domain or local administrator account (use . for local domain)
8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 to add all needed administrator accounts.
9) Navigate the Targets tab and add an existing device.
10) Find your Device(s) or Device Group(s) and click OK.
11) Right click on the device and select Verify Rollout.
You should get a Done. result.
You may get one of the following errors:
If so, go back to Step 6 and enter an Administrator account with proper privileges.
The device cannot be reached
The device may be powered off or inaccessible from the Rollout server. Make sure the device is on and reachable from the rollout server. Change rollout servers in step 3 if needed.
12) Right click on the Device(s) or Device Group(s) and select Start Rollout.
If prompted, select Yes.
Once the uninstall completes you will get an Uninstalled status.
The following methods will not work if the service is locked. To unsinstall an agent when the service is locked, you must make sure the installation folder and the reg key are present on the host and uninstall by using method #1.
If these are not present, or partially only, simply gather these from another device and try again.
Method #2 - Batch File
Another method to remove the agent is to manually delete the agent. Here is a batch file that will remove the agent with the default names and locations:
net stop "BMC FootPrints Asset Core Agent"
net stop "Numara FootPrints Asset Core agent"
net stop "Numara AMP Agent"
net stop "BCM Agent"
sc delete "BMC Client Management Agent"
sc delete "BMC FootPrints Asset Core Agent"
sc delete "Numara FootPrints Asset Core agent"
sc delete "Numara AMP Agent"
sc delete "BCM Agent"
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Numara Software\Numara AMP" /f
rmdir /q /s "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Client Management"
rmdir /q /s "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\FootPrints Asset Core"
rmdir /q /s "C:\Program Files\Numara Software\FootPrints Asset Core"
rmdir /q /s "C:\Program Files\Numara Software\Numara AMP"
rmdir /q /s "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BMC Client Management"
Method #3 - Manual Removal
In some cases the agent needs to be manually removed. Use the below steps to find non-standard install locations and names of the agent.
1. Stop the Agent service
2. Open its properties for this service and copy the Service Name
3. Open a Windows command prompt
4. Delete the service with the command below . %SERVICENAME% is the service name and be sure to include the double quotes around the service name
sc delete "%SERVICENAME%"
5. Delete the agents folder. See Method #2 for default locations. You can also check HKLM/SOFWARE/Numara Software/ Numara AMP/Client for a directory location.
6. Delete the following registry key(s), don't worry if they don't exist:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BMC Software\FootPrints Asset Core
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BMC Software\FootPrints Asset Core
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Numara Software\Numara AMP
7. Reboot the machine.