This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization
Added OEM ETL, tested connection, everything appears to be working but no data is loading. What am I missing?
After checking the ETL logs it looks like the ETL is not getting any information from the OEM database.
- Was the user used by the ETL created using the OEM interface and has the VIEW ALL profile, or at least has access to the views SYSMAN.MGMT$METRIC*?
- If the user was created using the OEM interface and has the correct profile/access, is the OEM interface showing data?
- If the OEM interface is showing data, please connect to the OEM database with the user used in the ETL and run the following queries and check if they return any result? If no, probably the issue is OEM side
- SELECT target_name AS target_name, target_type AS target_type, target_guid AS guid, timezone_region AS tz, display_name AS display_name, last_metric_load_time AS last_metric_load_time FROM SYSMAN.MGMT$TARGET WHERE target_type IN ('oracle_database','rac_database','host','cluster');
- select * from SYSMAN.MGMT$TEMPLATE_METRICCOLLECTION where rownum<1;
- select target_type,metric_name,schedule_ex from SYSMAN.MGMT$TEMPLATE_METRICCOLLECTION where target_type IN ('oracle_database','rac_database','host','cluster');
Note: in the first query, you can optionally add and target_guid=??: if you geht the GUID from the lookup of one system, you can understand if it has data in the source: it happens sometimes that the OEM agent running on a server stop to collect data and in this way, you can check if this is the problem and so need to be investigate OEM side and not CO side.