since a few days we are live with version 9.1.04 - only AR Server, Atrium Core and Atrium Integrator. The suite is a completely different story and will follow in a few months. Hopefully we haven't overlooked any of the big things, we're already live.
I can't remember when it was different, this service pack is not good either . I do not wish to comment further on this, but a little more basic work and quality assurance may well be the case.
The community is a good place to get information. But I always miss an overview of the most important bugs and mandatory hotfixes for a successful upgrade. I'll change that now and hope it helps you and saves you precious time
- NEVER use a service pack without the next patch! For SP4 you need patch 002 (9.1.04.002).
- add HF for working HTML notification templates (SW00546216 - HTML template variable replacement) - ETA skipped from QA, currently no new ETA
Should it take longer, the documented workaround also helps temporarily(KA 000151461)
- add HF for correct create index syntax generated for index on Oracle with Case insensitivity configuration
Hot fix SR_9104P2_20180416_CU_ALL is available for 9.1.04 patch 002
- add HF for a working normalization (SW00507975 - NULL values for Model and Manufacturer)
Atrium Core 9.1.04 (SP4) - Missing Hotfix for SW00507975 (NULL values for Model and Manufacturer don't work)
- Take a deeper look at
BMC has released a new installer. IMHO this seems useless if you already use a 9.x version. Also the idea to use an old db backup for the comparison is somehow funny.
Hand on heart, who still has his old 8.1.02 database backup ready to hand?
- Always rework Birt browser recognition for a working print function in IE (SW00527595 - web report that would be printed using IE11 would fail to show the OS print dialog)
A known problem for a very long time. I don't understand why the work around is not simply integrated. But I guess that's one of those other never-ending BMC stories.
- Always rework your ar.conf, the installer resets parameters such as "server-name" without prompting
- Always rework your ftsconfiguration, the installer overwrites all your settings - especially important for non-English: special language stemmers cannot be configured via the interface.
- Always rework your midtier web.xml, the installer the installer removes an existing RSSO integration: filter, filter-mapping and listener tags
BTW if I remember correctly, SP4 was released in December 2017 and barely 5 months later it seems to be actually usable. Just in time before the SP5.
update 5/22/2018 - added: midtier web.xml, fts configurtion, updated: source for birt web report error