This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedyforce Service Desk
Remedyforce Multi Instance CMDB Editor does not update records in Custom Class IP Phone.
The problem was both the Computer System and IP Phone (Custom CMDB Class) fieldsets had the same custom field. The field can be in one field set or the other but not both of the Parent (Computer System) or Child (IP Phone).
Remove the Domain field from the IP Phone fieldset and left it in Computer System so when a users opens a Computer System Record or an IP the Domain will appear in both.
Removing the Custom Field from the Custom Class Field Set:
1. Go to Setup | Click Create | Click Object | Click Base Element
2. Click Fieldset | Click Edit by the Custom Class Field Set (IP Phone in this case)
3. Locate the Domain Field (or duplicate field)
NOTE: If you do not know which field is duplicated or where the field is duplicated across fieldsets Click the Remedyforce CMDB tab and in search in the CMDB Class Navigator on the left Set the View to Tree View and then search for the Custom Class, in this case IP Phone. Make a note of the tree view. In this case it is Base Element, System, Computer System, IP Phone. Then go back to the fieldsets in Base Elements and Right Click Edit for each of the fieldset and select Open in New tab. Once all the fieldsets are open compare the fields in each to find the duplicate.
4. Remove the Domain field from the fieldset | Click Save.
5. Click the Remedyforce CMDB tab | Select the IP Phone class | Click the Multiple Instance Editor icon
6. Verify you can edit multiple instances of records.