This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy IT Service Management Suite
Smart Reporting Remedy
9.1 , 9.1.02, 9.1.03
- User Sync Troubleshooting.
Verify the next information on the next AR forms.
1- Look for the next variables and verify they have the right values:
-BMC_AR_SERVER_HOST_NAME: enter the Primary AR server host name
-BMC_AR_PORT: enter the Primary AR port name
-BMC_USER: enter a AR Admin User
-BMC_AR_PASSWORD: Enter the password for the user given in the BMC_USER variable.
In the SmartReportingServer_Info form
2. Verify that all the details are correct for the Reporting Server: Hostname, Port, Reporting Server Admin (SIADMIN) and its password and the organization name.
Make sure that service name field value is also correct.
-If Smart Reporting is installed with bundle tomcat then value should be /services/AdministratonService.
-If Smart Reporting is installed with External tomcat then service name should be /services/AdministrationService/SmartReporting.
Note: Make sure that the information on this form points to the correct Environment.
3. Go to UDM:ExecutionInstance form
- Look for the UserSyncInstance name.
- change the Log Level to DEBUG
4. Go to RSR:ExecuteUserSyncConfig form and make a search you will only see one entry
- on the variable Z1D_Action change the value from CREATEENTRY to STARTENTRY and save it this will trigger the user sync.
- If the value is set to STARTENTRY change it to CREATEENTRY. Save it and change it to STARTENTRY again. this will trigger the user sync.
5. Go to UDM:ExecutionStatus form
- search for: Type:Job , Name:UserSyncUtil_Job , ExecutionInstanceName: UserSyncInstance
- Collect the new logs and share them with us.
As a last resource we will need to try to run the User with the spoon client.
6. Open the Spoon Client tool and connect to the Primary AR server
- Search for the User Sync Transformation
- Provide the BMC vaiable details (AR PRimary server details)
- Provide the Reporting variable details(Smart Reporting Server)
- Provide the Organization
- Launch the transformation.
- go to the loggin tab and retrieve the log and share it.
Note: If you have SSL enable, make sure to add the Smart Reporting server certificate to the AR System Java trust store which runs the escalations.