This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M/Enterprise Manager All versions
1. Control-M job will attempt one rerun on failure.
2. No emails should be sent after first failure.
3. Job should wait 5 minutes from end of failure before rerunning.
4. If job fails on the rerun, send email and post condition if necessary.
5. If job completes successfully on first attempt or the rerun, then no email is sent and standard conditions are posted.
Legacy ID:KA415121Recommended solution:
1. Schedule the job as Cyclic:
Rerun every 5 Minutes, from job's End
Maximum Reruns =2
2. Use the following On Do Actions:
When Job ended OK
Stop cyclic run
When Job's number of Failures = 2
Send mail notification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Add Condition [your_condition_name, Order Date]