This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MainView for DB2
MainView for DB2
MainView for DB2 11.xx or later
What steps are required to be done for Mainview for DB2 when upgrading to a new release DB2?
The following steps should be performed to ensure that Mainview for DB2 will function with the new release of DB2:
- Verify that the MainView for DB2 version that you are using is the same or higher version that the version of DB2 that you are upgrading to.
- MainView for DB2 version 11.2 or 12.1 for DB2 version 11
- MainView for DB2 version 12.1 for DB2 version 12
- If the DB2 is not supported, a new release of Mainview for DB2 will need to be installed.
If the release of Mainview for DB2 supports the release of DB2 you are upgrading to, the following steps should be taken to ensure the Mainview for DB2 is correctly setup for the new DB2 release:
- Update member BBIJNT00 with parameter RELEASE=1110 for DB2 V11 or RELEASE=1210 for DB2 V12
- Update the BBI-SS procedure DSNLOAD DD with the latest DB2 DSNLOAD
- RUN the Bind jobs for following plans and packages
- bind the BMCMVDB2, execute hlq.BMCSAMP(DZBIND)
- bind packages for explain hlq.UBBSAMP or hlq.INSTALL.JCL(DAA$$$$P)
- bind plan for explain hlq.UBBSAMP or hlq.INSTALL.JCL (DAA$$$$B)
- Cat Mgr Browse Packages hlq.UBBSAMP or hlq.INSTALL.JCL (ACT$$$$P)
- Cat Mgr Browse Plan hlq.UBBSAMP or hlq.INSTALL.JCL (ACT$$$$B
- If using the MVDB2 Performance Reporter tables, these binds will also need to be run:
- DPSUMLD Hlq.BMCSAMP(DPJBIND)
- JXREPT Hlq.BMCSAMP(JXRPBIND)
- Recycle MVDB2 PAS after the DB2 upgrade.
- Issue the command to the DBC task: /dcssid DOM,REFRESH after the DB2 upgrade is complete. This command will restart the DOMPLEX.
- Update the PSS2db2ssid members in HLQ.BBSAMP to reflect the latest DB2 version libraries.
NOTE: BMC highly recommends that MainView for DB2 is current on maintenance to avoid any known problems before upgrading your DB2 subsystem.
For more information please refer to Appendix A in the BMC Products and Solutions for DB2 Customization Guide h ttp://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/71/41/487141/487141.pdf