This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
AR System Mid Tier
D2P Midtier 9.1.04 or better
What are the steps to deploy the Midtier 9.1.04 patches and hotfixes?
Online Doc link: https://docs.bmc.com/docs/brid91/en/9-1-04-002-patch-2-for-version-9-1-04-797319461.html
Note: 1. If the D2P package is to be deployed to multiple midtiers, then make sure all the midtiers are listed in the AR System Monitor form. This form is populated when the File Deployment Settings in the Midtier Config Tool are popaluted, A restart of the BMC Midtier File Deployer service will do a check on the AR System Monitor records. If the midtier is not listed, the record will be created.
2. Confirm that all filedeployer processes are running on all midtiers that will involved with the patch/hotfix deployment before you begin this process.
Note: If a AR Server group is involved, the recommendation is to have the File Deployment Settings for each midtier point to the admin server of the Server group.
Step 1. Import D2P package
- Open the AR System Deployment Management Console.
- Expand Transfer Package
- Select Import
- On Add Attachment, browse for the D2P file and then click OK
Step 2: Deploy package – this will create the individual records as need in the AR System Single Point Deployment Payload form. For example, Patch 002 creates three records for mt_common, mt_unix and mt_windows; however, a midtier hotfix will only create one record.
- In the Deployment Management console, select the record created by the import
- Expand Operations, select Deploy
|This package includes files to be deployed/rolledback. You can monitor the status of the file deployment/rollback by opening the package, selecting the item for file deployment and clicking on the "View Payload Status" button. (ARNOTE 10000)|
- Click View (under Manage Package)
- Click Payload Status
Step 3 – Initiate the payload from the midtier
When viewing the Payload Status records for multiple midtiers, you will see 'Pending download" for the midtier that is first in the ranking order, "Not Ready" for the midtiers that secondary and beyond on the ranking.
You must remote to each midtier in order of their ranking on the AR System Monitor form to initiate the payload. This is done for security reasons and separation of duty if desired.
- Remote to the midtier.
- Go to the …/midtier/filedeployer directory in a Command prompt window (if Windows).
- Execute the bat file: arpayloaddeploymentutil.bat
NOTE: Midtier payload deployment will restart the Midtier webserver.
Step 4 – Confirming the payload execution
- Once the Midtier webserver is back up, login and go back to the AR System Deployment Management Console.
- Select your record and view
- Click on Payload Status.
The records will now show a Payload Status of Successful. The next midtier in rank should now show a Pending Download status.
From the file system, you will see backups of the files/directories replaced:
Note: The identification string matches up to the Deployment ID on the AR System Single Point Deployment Payload form.
You will also find the payload zip files under the midtier directory.