This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
AR System Mid Tier
D2P Midtier 9.1.04 or better
What are the steps to deploy the Midtier 9.1.04 patches?
Online Doc link: https://docs.bmc.com/docs/brid91/en/9-1-04-002-patch-2-for-version-9-1-04-797319461.html
Step 1. Import D2P package
- Open the AR System Deployment Management Console.
- Expand Transfer Package
- Select Import
- On Add Attachment, browse for the D2P file and then click OK
Step 2: Deploy package – this will create the individual records in the AR System Single Point Deployment Payload form for mt_common, mt_unix and mt_windows
- In the console, select record
- Expand Operations, select Deploy
|This package includes files to be deployed/rolledback. You can monitor the status of the file deployment/rollback by opening the package, selecting the item for file deployment and clicking on the "View Payload Status" button. (ARNOTE 10000)|
- Click View (under Manage Package)
- Click Payload Status
At this point, the deployment has been completed but the payload has not.
Step 3 – Initiate the payload from the midtier
You must remote to each midtier to initiate the payload. This is done for security reasons and separation of duty if desired.
- Remote to the midtier.
- Go to the …/midtier/filedeployer directory
- Execute the bat file: arpayloaddeploymentutil.bat
NOTE: Midtier payload deployment will restart the Midtier webserver.
Step 4 – Confirming the payload execution
- Once the Midtier webserver is back up, login and go back to the AR System Deployment Management Console.
- Select your record and view
- Click on Payload Status.
The records will now show a Payload Status of Successful.
From the file system, you will see backups of the files/directories replaced:
Note:the identification string matches up to the Deployment ID on the AR System Single Point Deployment Payload form.
You will also find the payload zip files under the midtier directory.