This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M/Enterprise Manager all versions
Control-M jobs workflows in waiting states disappear or removed after New Day Processing;
- New Day Processing occurs at 12:00AM daily
- 10 jobs workflow is ordered at 11:55PM daily.
- The first job in the workflow completes successfully at 11:59PM, but the other jobs that follow in the workflow never gets a chance to run, as they are removed from Active Job File during New Day Procedure.
Waiting state Control-M Jobs are removed from Active Job File during New Day Procedure by default.
- Review Control-M job out conditions are set to order date( ODATE ) so that the jobs from down stream in the flow can executes when predecessor jobs completed past New Day Procedure time.
- Ensure job's scheduling property has 'Active Environment Retention' set to minimum 1 day or more days, according to retention requirement.
- With 'Active Environment Retention' set to 1 day, this will ensure Control-M jobs in waiting states will be retained past New Day Procedure for 1 day.
- In Control-M version 7 or lower, this scheduling property is 'MaxWait'.
- From version 9 and later, SMART folder will also has scheduling property 'Active Environment Retention'.
Please refers to Control-M User Guide of respective versions for more information about 'Active Environment Retention' or 'MaxWait'.