This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
BMC Client management 12.x
Client-->inventory-->Security settings-->Windows update status is blank even after execution of Security inventory.
Defect: AttrType is WindowsUpdate instead of 'String' in ObjectTypeAttrs table.
This is a Defect and will be resolved in future release.
1. Stop the master service
2. Run the following sal query:
SELECT ObjectTypeID FROM ObjectTypes where ObjectTypeName='WindowsUpdate';
3. Get the ObjectTypeID and use it in the following query:
select * from ObjectTypeAttrs where ObjectTypeID=<ID found in step 2>;
4.Check that the AttrType related to AttrName 'Status' is not String.
5. Get the AttrID of the Status attribute and use it in the following query:
UPDATE ObjectTypeAttrs SET AttrType='String' WHERE AttrID=<AttrID found in previous step>;
6. Restart the master service
7. Rerun the operational rule used to collect the Windows Update Status and Security Inventory.