This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Random Text Appends to Instance Name while Loading Data from Data Loader in Remedyforce CMDB .
Steps to reproduce:
- Prepare a csv file to insert data.
- Open Data loader to insert data.
- After data insertion is complete.
- Login to Remedyforce.
- Go to Remedyforce CMDB tab to view the inserted records.
Expected result: Instance name should not append with Instance Id.
Custom Settings not enabled in the org
To resolve this issue ,follow below steps:
1. Login to Remedyforce as Admin
2. Navigate to Setup
3. In quick find box ,search for "Custom Settings"
4. Once custom settings page is open,search for Remedyforce settings
5. Click on "Manage" link
6. Click on new button to create a new custom setting with below details
Name - "Staging_SkipInstanceIDSuffix" and
Value - True.
7. Save it
8. Open Data Loader and try to insert the records again
9. Verify the records are inserted in correct format without the instance id append to the Instance name.