This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Configuring and Troubleshooting the Remedyforce Discovery Integration (BCM).
This is a running document containing configuration and errors related to the BCM Remedyforce Integration settings.
1. How to Configure Remedyforce Discovery Setup & Configuration:
1. Click Remedyforce Administration | Click Configure CMDB 2.0 | Click Discovery Setup & Integration
2. Tick Enable | Enter a password | Click Request Discovery Server | Click Save
3. Under Enable communication with the Discovery Server Click the click here link to create the remote site settings | On the confirmation dialogue Click Ok.
4. Under Enable communication with the Discovery Server Right Click Salesforce Remote Site Settings | Select Open in new tab.
5. Copy the Remote Site URL for the BMC_Remedyforce_Discovery_Server to your clipboard.
6. Click New Remote Site | Enter BMCRFBCM (or what you prefer)
7. In the Remote Site URL past the value from your clipboard taken in Step 4 | Then remove the :#### from the URL | Click Save.
2. Error: Remote Site Settings is missing. Go to the Scanner Roll-out tab and create a remote site setting in the Enable communication with the Discovery server section:
Explanation: The Remote Site was not created correctly.
Solution: Create both sites manually.
1. Click Ok on error message | Click Scanner Roll-out
2. Under Enable communication with the Discovery Server Click the click here link to create the remote site settings | On the confirmation dialogue Click Ok.
3. Under Enable communication with the Discovery Server Right Click Salesforce Remote Site Settings | Select Open in new tab.
4. Copy the Remote Site URL for the BMC_Remedyforce_Discovery_Server to your clipboard.
5. Click New Remote Site | Enter BMCRFBCM (or what you prefer)
6. In the Remote Site URL past the value from your clipboard taken in Step 4 | Then remove the :#### from the URL | Click Save.
7. Go back to the Discovery Setup & Configuration tab from Step 3.
8. Verify you Scan Configuration loads without error. If it does error refresh the browser and it will resolve the issue.
3. Error Testing Connection from the Remedyforce Administration | Integrations | BMC Client Management Integration Settings Error: Error occurred while trying to connect to BMC Client Management. java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching bmcfpac.bmc.com.
Explanation: bmcfpac.bmc.com is a place holder in the Server name settings of the BMC Client Management Settings and should be replaced with the value of your BCM on Premise server.
Solution: If you are not using BCM on Premise these settings should not be used. If you have replaced the value with the URL of your BCM on Premise server and are still receiving the error message on the BCM on Premise server open the mtxagent.ini file goto line 400 (give or take) and update the CertDNSNames to CertDNSNames=your.domain.com (your.domain.com is the DNS value of your BCM on Premise server.
4. Unable to Launch the BCM Console from the Remedyforce CMDB. Error Access Denied.
NOTE: To apply the following solution a BMC Remedyforce Client Management Premium Plus license is required. If you do not have this license you do not have access to the BCM Console. Contact your Salesperson to obtain a license.
Solution: Clear the BCM Login ID field value on the user object form:
8. Click your username | Click my Settings | Click Personal | Click Advanced User details
9. Click Edit Layout | Add BCM login ID and BCM validated fields in the BMC Remedyforce Section of the Layout | Click Save.
10. Click Edit | Clear the filed BCM login ID.
11. Click Save
12. Go to the Remedyforce CMDB tab | Click Launch the BMC Client Management Console
13. When prompted for user name and Password Enter the orgid of the Remedyforce org and the Password from step 2 (above)
14. Verify you are logged into the BCM Client Management Console.
NOTE: If you have problems opening the Console try in Chrome. If you are unable to open the console at all open case with the BCM team.