This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BladeLogic Server Automation Suite
BMC BladeLogic Server Automation Suite
A Windows Catalog does not contain non-public patches after successfully completing.
There are certain patches which are not made public by Microsoft. Shavlik (BSA's patch metadata provider) does not support such patches, and they are therefore not available in a Patch Catalog.
To verify if your patch in question falls into this category, perform the following (as an example use patch KB940307):
- Go to the patch URL link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940307
- Note that there is no option to download the patch, but instead you are given a link to request it View and request hotfix downloads
- Clicking on the link, you will have to accept the agreement and explicitly Request hotfix from Microsoft.
We describe such patches as non-public because they require a request to obtain from Microsoft.
To deploy such patches, they have to be:
- Downloaded manually
- Added to the Depot as a Custom Software Object with the correct silent command
- Installed using standard Deploy Job