This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Any version of BMC Client Management (BCM)
How do I install the BCM agent on a Mac OS X system?
The BCM agent can be installed only on Intel-based Macs running Mac OS X 10.10 or higher for 12.9 (older version of Mac OS X are supported in other version of BCM). To confirm if a version of Mac OS X is supported, please review the Software Requirements or the relevant BCM version (here it's 12.9).
Create or use an existing rollout configuration:
Use the Agent Rollout Wizard (Wizards > Agent Rollout) to create a rollout for Mac OS X or use an existing one from the Out Of the Box objects, e.g:
Do not forget to check the option "Silent Installation" so this is transparent on the target.
A- Pull Rollout:
- Follow the same than in the Knowledge Article (KA) Client Management: How to create and deploy Agent Rollouts to the Client by using the pull mode, until the file has been downloaded
- Open the Terminal application (HD > Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
- Within the Terminal window, go to the directory where the rollout install package was saved. For example, if this file was saved on the desktop, the command to run would be:
Where _ROLLOUT_FILE_NAME_ is the name of the file that was downloaded at the end of the other KA
The BCM agent should now be installed. A log should have been created next to the install package for reference in case the installation failed.
B- Push Rollout:
- Select the rollout configuration selected at the top of this KA
- Follow the same than in the Knowledge Article (KA): Client Management: How to create and deploy Agent Rollouts to clients by using the push mode - INCLUDES VIDEO.
No icon is visible on Mac when the agent is running. Running the following command line would help spot the agent process: