This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Track-It! 2018 and Track-It! 2019
How do I move or restore a Track-It! 2018 or 2019 database to another SQL Server?
- Back up the Track-It! database using SQL Server Management Studio. See How to backup the Track-It! database using MSSQL tools
- Stop the IIS Admin and the WWW Publishing Service.
- Place the backup file of the database on the new server.
- Restore the backup copy into a new database on the new SQL-server with option "overwrite existing database" using SQL Server MS.
- (Step 4 is not necessary if no Live Track-It! database has ever been installed on that SQL Server). Simply perform a full restore and specify a new database name.
- In the restored database locate the NAMSYSSERVERS, NAMSYSPROPERTIES and SMSYSPROCESS tables in the database.
- Delete ALL rows in the NAMSYSSERVERS table by running the SQL Query as "delete from NAMSYSSERVERS"
- Delete ALL rows in the SMSYSPROCESS table by running the SQL Query as "delete from SMSYSPROCESS"
- In the NAMSYSPROPERTIES table in the NAME column, locate all records which have the property namMBLQPARAMS|OldServerNamer, which can be deleted. Note: DO NOT DELETE ALL ROWS IN THE NAMSYSPROPERTIES TABLE! Run the query are follows "delete from NAMSYSPROPERTIES where name like 'namMBLQParams%'
- Exit SQL Server Management Studio.
- On the Track-It! 2018 server Click Start | Select Run | Type ODBCAD32 | Press Enter Or go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and Right-Click on the odbcad32.exe and run as Administrator.
- Select the System DSN Tab and locate the following DSNs:
13. Each of those DSNs need to be reconfigured. Edit each DSN's and change the SQL Server name to point to the new SQL server. Click Next.
14. Enter SQL SA or system admin credentials | Click Next.
15. Tick the Change the default database to: check box | Select the newly restored Track-It! database | Click Next.
16. Click Finish | Click Test Data Source | Click Ok 3 times to close ODBCAD32.
NOTE: If the ODBC Test fails repeat steps 16 - 22 until the test succeeds.
17. Go to Tools folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC\Track-It!\Tools and run the BMC.TrackIt.Utilities.DBLogins.exe as an Administrator.
18. Enter the password for the SA SQL Server Admin account .Either Select an ODBC, i.e. "Track-It" to the database or Tick the Use Server/Database Radio button and Enter the Database server name and Database name.
19. Provide New SMSYSADMIN password and confirm it. and Click OK.
The BMC.TrackIt.Utilities.DBLogins.exe utility will report: "SQL database accounts have been reset. The password has been changed. User account passwords have been reset to 'welcome'."
20. On the application server, launch the " BMC.TrackIt.Utilities.SAUtility.exe" as Administrator from C:\Program Files\BMC\Track-It\Tools\
21. Provide the Track-It DSN, the Old Password, the New Password and confirm the Password of the _SMSYSADMIN_ account.
22. Click on OK and wait until the tool confirms that the password has been changed and exits.
23. Start the IIS Admin Service and the WWW Publishing Service.
24. Log into Track-It! 2018 with the Administrator account and verify that metadata loads successfully.