This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
BMC Client Management (BCM) >= 12.6
The remote sessions are very slow when taking control of devices through the web console.
The BCM agent certificate hasn't been imported on the system/browser.
When the BCM agent SSL certificate is installed on the device that is controlling the target device it improves the performance of the operations ran using the browser-based console.
The certificate authority should be installed on all devices from which the web console will be ran from:
- connect to the web console, the URL is https://_YOUR_MASTER_:_YOUR_CONSOLE_PORT_/webconsole where _YOUR_MASTER_ is the master ip address or hostname and _YOUR_CONSOLE_PORT_ is most likely 1611
For this example, the web console is running from the master, thus _YOUR_MASTER_ being "localhost".
- open the menu on the top right and click on "SSL Certificate":
- on the next window click on the download button:
- then check all check-boxes in the next popup and click OK:
- close the tab/window then reopen https://_YOUR_MASTER_:_YOUR_CONSOLE_PORT_/webconsole (refreshing the page should be sufficient though)
For help on how to deploy and install SSL certificates to a wider scale follow this Knowledge Article (KA): Client Management: SSL certificate warnings may be displayed when accessing the Client Management web interface pages (Windows)
For more information on BCM and certificates, check this KA: Client Management: About SSL certificates.