This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Track-It! 2019 R3
How can I migrate or move data from Track-It! 11.4.x to the new Track-It! 2019?
The following configuration information and data will be migrated from Track-It! 11.4 to Track-It! 2019:
- Work Orders
- Work Order Templates
- Activity Codes
- Network Lookups (NEW!)
- Vendors (NEW!)
- Assets (NEW!) Note: Only ONE, i.e., the Earlier, Copy of a Duplicate Asset Record will be migrated.
- Tracked Items (NEW!) Note: The Deleted Tracked Items will NOT be migrated.
- Purchase Order
- Change Requests
1. Download the the latest Track-It! 2019 migration tool from the following location, to your existing Track-It! 11.4 production server:
Migration Tool for BMC Track-It! 2019 Install
2. Install the migration tool on the 11.4.x Server by double-clicking on the Migration Tool for BMC Track-It! 2019 Install (64-bit).exe.
3. Launch the tool by clicking on the DatabaseMigration.exe at the location below:
C:\Program Files\BMC\Track-It! 2019 Migration Tool
4. Check the EULA and proceed Next.
5. Specify the database login details for the Source (Track-It! 11.4) and Target (Track-It! 2019) databases:
Note: The user ID specified for the Track-It! 2019 Database must have System Administrator (sysadmin) privileges.
6. Your data will now be migrated. This process will take several minutes to complete.
Note: This migration tool will NOT migrate the system configuration data below:
- Email settings & policies
- Event & work order policies
- Technician permissions
- Skill routing policies
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Custom Reports