This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MainView for CICS
MainView for CICS - version 6.8 and above
We have upgraded to MainView for CICS version 6.8.
We do not currently use an MCT in our CICS systems, and would like to see a sample of a basic MCT definition that will work with MVCICS 6.8.
If you have no existing MCT definition, you can use the IBM sample MCT=2$ with some modifications. This is the CICS default and probably the simplest to copy.
Here is a sample:
DFHMCT TYPE=INITIAL,SUFFIX=2$, *
* everything specified (except SUFFIX and STARTER) on the TYPE=INITIAL above are the
* CICS defaults. SUFFIX needs to be provided and the STARTER=YES just allows the $ and #
* characters to be used in the SUFFIX= value.
* MCT ENTRIES FOR DBCTL *
COPY DFH$MCTD - DBCTL
* If you have no IMS/DBCTL, comment out the above entry.
* MCT ENTRIES FOR BMC *
* The MVCICS BBSAMP data set must be included in your assembly JCL to satisfy the COPY.
* This will provide the MVCICS documentation of the MCT entry in the assembled listing.