This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy IT Service Management Suite
Remedy user with no Task permission or role is able to update Task even if task is not assigned to him or his team. Also the user can open the Task form direct from URL and make changes.
This is designed behavior for Remedy 9.0.
- The form access is controlled by permission assigned to the form.
- We checked the permission for form where we found that there are certain roles assigned. for ex. Task User Role.
- On checking the role on "Roles" form we found that a Group "Task User Computed" is mapped with this role.
- We checked the Task User Computed role on Group form where we found that there are multiple permission mapped with this role.
- A person with Incident User or Change User can open the form.
- Access to the Task Record is controlled by the permissions assigned to Field ID 1 of Task form. Here it is Task ID field.
- For Task ID field we have Submitter, Assignee Group, Vendor Assignee Group and Unrestricted Access Permission assigned.
- If user has any of above permission then he can access and modify particular task record
- In Remedy 8.x and 9.0.x Vendor Assignee Group is populated with Company ID by default. Thus member of company can modify the task.
- Users with Unrestricted access can also modify the Task Record. We provide Unrestricted access to admin users only.
- This functionality is as designed and working as expected.