This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MainView for DB2
MainView for DB2
Mainview for DB2 12.1, Mainview for DB2 v11.2, Mainview for DB2 v11.1
What IFCIDS are started when specifying the DB2AUDIT dataclass to be collected automatically?
When the DB2AUDIT dataclass is set to Y, the only IFICD for auditing that is started automatically is 140.
The other IFCIDS for auditing must be manually started (141-145). The IFCIDS not automatically starting is by design.
To activate optional Audit IFCIDs 141-145 so that they are collected automatically each time the domplex starts, the following process may be used.
- On the MainView for DB2 easy menu (EZDB2), select MVDB2/DC Admin/ Archive.
- On the DC Main Menu, select Option 1. Administration.
- On the Administration panel, select Option 2. DOMPLEX Option Sets.
- On the DOMPLEX Option Sets panel, enter E next to the appropriate DOMPLEX.
- On the DOMPLEX panel, move the cursor to the + sign next to DB2 Monitor List and press Enter to expand the list.
- Move the cursor to the + sign next to the appropriate DB2 SSID and press Enter.
- Move the cursor to the > sign next to DB2 IFCIDs to be traced automatically, and press Enter.
- Follow the instructions at the top of the panel to add, change, or delete IFCIDs, and press PF3 when done.
- Move the cursor back to the DB2 SSID, and press Enter to collapse the options for that SSID.
- Repeat the above process for each DB2 that you wish to have these IFCIDS started on.
- When all changes have been completed, press PF3 repeatedly until you return to EZDB2.
- To activate the new IFCIDS, the following command must be issued on each LPAR that contains a DB2 that was changed
NOTE: BMC does NOT recommend that you remove IFCIDS from being automatically started unless they were manually added at your site. Removal of IFCIDS, that BMC normally starts, may cause features of the product to be unavailable.