This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M/Server for UNIX and Microsoft Windows
Control-M/Server - Migration ToolKit
Toolkit from v9 Fix Pack 3 or higher
When attempting to export the Control-M/Server data v6.4 on windows using MS SQL Server and the upgrade export toolkit from Control-M/Server v9 Fix Pack 3 the export fails with the following error:
Failed to open file C:\Program Files\BMC Software\CONTROL-M Server\Ctm_server\up
grade_export\output\definition\\CMS_AGPRM.datfor reading:No such file or directory
***Export process failed.
***For more information please refer to the migration logs.
The migration log named 'migration_full' recorded the following error:
* WILLRUN: "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\CONTROL-M Server\Ctm_server\upgrade_export"\bin\\ctm_dbUpgrade.exe migrate_unload 640 64_01_800 definition *
[20/02/2017 23:00:22.56] * Failure. Possible error: Failed to extract agents from DB to files. *
[Mon 02/20/2017 23:00:22] exportdata ended with rc 5
[Mon 02/20/2017 23:00:22] perform export ended with status 5
[Mon 02/20/2017 23:00:22] run_export_command_line: return code: 5
[Mon 02/20/2017 23:00:22] export definition failed
[Mon 02/20/2017 23:00:22] exit controller with 1...
[Mon 02/20/2017 23:00:22] ---------Controller ENDED
[Mon 02/20/2017 23:00:22] Returned from controller with 1
[Mon 02/20/2017 23:00:22] END STEP NOT OK: EXPORT
CAR00103714 - Export Control-M/Server data during migration may fail, when installed on Windows OS using MSSQL database.
There are two workarounds:
- Temporary change Control-M/Server target version:
- Uninstall V9 FP3 from target machine. V9 GA or V9 FP1 can be installed.
- Re-install export package from target environment on source environment
- Perform the migration (Export and Import)
- Apply V9 FP3 on target machine
- Upgrade MSSQL client on source machine:
- Upgrade MSSQL client on source machine to 2012