This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BladeLogic Server Automation Suite
BladeLogic Server Automation
All BSA versions
When multiple Windows patches are deployed to a system as a result of remediation performing the Undo operation via the Deploy Job will trigger the undo/remove for all patches deployed during the job. Is it possible to only uninstall/remove a single patch instead ?
To uninstall/remove a single patch create a new Deploy Job that runs the uninstall for the patch:
- Live browse a target, expand the HotFixes server object
- Find the particular patch that you want to uninstall, right click on it and select Uninstall which will bring up a job creation wizard
- Select the patch from a Windows Catalog (to pickup the uninstall instructions)
- Select Enable Single Job Mode to allow a reboot if it's needed by the uninstall
- If the same patch should be uninstalled on multiple targets select those additional targets as well during the wizard
- Proceed with running the uninstall Job.