This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization
TrueSight Capacity Optimization 10.7, 10.5, 10.3, 10.0
Problem symptoms include:
- The Gateway Server Admin Helper system task had been failing.
- The Gateway Server was removed from the Gateway Manager -> Gateway Servers list and then re-added
- After making this change the existing ETLs associated with that Gateway Server list it as, No more configured gateway services "http://hostname.domain.com:10129
The list of Gateway Servers visible to the TSCO Gateway Server VIS parser ETL is defined in the property bpa.gm.url.list that is global configuration parameter.
To check the current list of Gateway Servers check under Administration -> System -> Global Configuration -> You can manually edit system properties from this page text or run the following SQL against the TSCO Database as the BCO_OWN (TSCO Database Schema Owner) user:
select * from conf_props where name = 'bpa.gm.url.list';
If the Gateway Server is missing from the list, the following steps can be used to add it:
- Under Administration -> System -> Global Configuration click the Edit button and click the You can manually edit system properties from this page link at the bottom of the page. After find the property bpa.gm.url.list and add the URL for the missing Gateway Server to it.
- Click the Save button at the bottom right of the page.
That should make the Gateway Server visible within the ETL Run Configuration page.
The issue here is that the TSCO Gateway Server Admin Helper is responsible for adding and removing Gateway Servers from the bpa.gm.url.list when the Gateway Servers list is updated in the Gateway Manager UI. But this update of the bpa.gm.url.list only happens at the time that the Gateway Server is added so if the TSCO Gateway Server Admin Helper task is failing at that time the list may not be properly updated.