As part of BMC’s continued focus on improving the online experience, we upgraded our Knowledgebase and Search BMC Support tools over the weekend of June 5-7, 2020.
This upgrade delivers several enhancements including:
- improving search relevance by considering Favorite Products
- default search results display recommended content based on Favorite Products
- removing non-product related Communities content from search results
These enhancement will result in better self-service content and search results to resolve known issues.
A major goal of this upgrade was to minimize disruption to existing users, but you will notice a few changes:
- minor UI changes in the Search tool, but the location and functionality of search controls remains the same
- Article Numbers have changed, but you can still search on the old Article Number to find articles and ‘Old Article Number’ is displayed so you know it is the correct article
- Pre-upgrade links to knowledge articles are re-directed so they continue to display the same solutions
- Public knowledge articles continue to be synchronized to BMC Communities and retain the Old Article Number as Tags so they can be found in searches
We are always looking for ways to improve the online support experience. If you have comments or feedback, add comments below.