Announcing BSA 8.8, Bladelogic Portal and BladeLogic Threat Director –Beta Program!
Accepting nominations !
BMC Server Automation provides holistic server lifecycle management capabilities starting from commissioning servers, configuration management, patch management, vulnerability life cycle management, compliance management all the way to repurposing servers both in the data centers and or in the cloud. This provides the trusted foundation for building automation for IT server infrastructure that unlock the value of IT to business.
This is your opportunity to check out the upcoming BMC Server Automation 8.8.00, BladeLogic Portal and BMC Threat Director (a new product)e and provide feedback to BMC about functionality, usability and quality. This 6 week long closed beta program (i.e. by invitation only) is expected to start on March 21st 2016 - 22 nd April 2016.
You can participate in the beta program by reviewing the enhancements in a hosted environment or by downloading the bits and installing it in your local environment.
What’s new in BMC Server Automation 8.8, BladeLogic Portal and Threat Director?
BladeLogic Threat Director
- A new Web based license product bolted on power of Server Automation platform
- “To Do” views highlighting vulnerabilities requiring action
- Instant rationalization of plans and scans
- SLA views to focus actions
- KPI views to understand actual vs historical processing
- First ever view into operational plans for security team
- Understand planned actions
- Predictive SLA and Burndown views for security and operations team
- Rapid 7 Support
- New landing page
- Key RFEs
BladeLogic Portal SecOps enhancements
- Itemwise deploy status for Windows Server
- Reboot information for windows servers
- Automated product subcategories update for windows servers
- Maintenance Window for Deploy Commit stage
- Live Reporting for patching
- SuSE Zypper and SLES 12 support
- RHEL Child channel support for online and offline downloader
- Solaris 11 Patching Support including IPS Package deploy
- BSA powered by Git Repo
- Support for Github, Gitlab and Git bash
- Able to address who/what/when
- NSH Scripts and Component Templates authored IP storage in Git Repo
- Ability to version NSH scripts and component templates
- Ability to compare two versions of NSH scripts and or component templates
- Ability to revert to any of the previous version of NSH script and or component template
- Migration mechanism for NSH scripts from File Server to Git Repo
- PCI v3- RHEL 7 (New Template)
- PCI v3 - Windows 2012 R2 (New Template)
- DISA - Windows Server 2008 R2 MS (Update - 81 rules)
- DISA - Windows Server 2008 R2 DC (Update - 81 rules)
- DISA - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Update - 46 rules)
- DISA - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Update -83 rules)
BMC shipped Regulatory and Security Compliance Content Update