Accepting nominations for BMC Remedy 9.1 Beta Program
This is your opportunity to check out the upcoming BMC Remedy 9.1 release and provide feedback to BMC about functionality, usability and quality. The program is expected to start late October and is open to all current Remedy ITSM customers and partners. This beta program includes Remedy ITSM, AR Server, Smart IT 1.3, Virtual Chat (earlier known as Virtual Agent).
You can participate in the beta program by reviewing the enhancements of the Remedy ITSM Suite version 9.1 in a hosted environment or by downloading the bits and installing it in your local environment connecting to one of your Remedy ITSM non-production instances.
What’s new in BMC Remedy 9.1?
Knowledge Centric Support (KCS)
KCS is a simple idea: Integrate the creation and maintenance of knowledge into the process of interaction. It is a framework originated by the Consortium for Service Innovation. It aims to provide a set of practices which enable knowledge to work at scale even in large organizations, by ensuring it is a smoothly integrated part of support processes.
• Align knowledge usage and creation to business-as-usual support processes
• Evolve content based on demand and usage
• Develop a knowledge base of collective experience to date
• Reward learning, collaboration, sharing, and improving
KCS will be available with Smart IT 1.3 (also requires Remedy 9.1).
• Empowering users to create complex reports with additional AR JDBC functions like union
• New out-of-the-box content (KPIs)
• New Dashboard for Service Owners
• Reports for administrators – find longest running reports, report that returned most records and other key stats on smart reporting usage
• Dev to Prod now supports moving SRD across environments
• Supportability enhancements around Call Home
• Archive support for SLM data
• UDM that now includes ‘company’ in the foundation spreadsheets
Remedy Single Sign-On
• Support for LDAP (in addition to SAML v2 support from previous release)
• User ID transformations that enables SSO using existing remedy login name
Virtual Chat (previously known as Virtual Agent)
• Enhanced Lync Integration, VIP routing, Chat Notes, Incident association
If you are interested, please sign up: BMC Remedy 9.1 Beta Program - Customer Interest Survey Rahul Vedak