BMC Helix 19.05 includes new functionality that continues to drive a superior experience for the enterprise across end users, agents, IT Operations and developers. Here’s a summary of the new capabilities rolled out in 19.05.
BMC customers and partners can learn what is new for this release:
BMC Helix Chatbot
BMC Helix Chatbot 19.05 focuses on both the end-user experience and the organization’s ability to measure and improve the capabilities of the chatbot.
- Support for New Channels: Users can now access BMC Helix Chatbot through two additional messaging platforms: MS Teams and Skype for Business on-premises.
- New End-User Web User Interface:New contemporary chat and messaging experience for end users across all devices.
- End-User Surveys and FeedbackBMC Helix Chatbot now has out-of-the-box surveys that are presented to the users at the right times in a conversation. IT can use this feedback to help improve the end-user experience with BMC Helix.
- Smart Reporting for Helix ChatbotUsing Smart Reporting, IT can report against data in the telemetry service using out-of-the box or custom reports.
- Cognitive Insights for BMC Helix Chatbot: BMC Helix Chatbots can now provide knowledge to users through cognitive insights, leveraging the enterprise Insight Engine. Chatbots can consume this information to provide more useful results.
BMC Helix Digital Workplace
BMC Helix Digital Workplace 19.05 streamlines workflows for end users and agents while improving governance capabilities for IT operations, enabling security and compliance.
- BMC Digital Workplace Catalog:BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog now includes Multi-CompanyMode to manage multiple customers and multiple organizations.
- Credit Management:Now you can assign credit limits to customers for Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
- Integrated Self-Help: Offers guided assistance to help users learn to navigate the digital workplace and provides links to helpful topics and how-to videos.
- Service Request Status Tracker: This feature allows employees to easily visualize and track the current status of their requests.
- End-user Privacy Notice for Cookies: With new EMEA privacy laws in place, BMC Helix Digital Workplace enables compliance for data collection.
- Data Restrictions:This enhancement allows greater control over the catalog at the service-request level.
BMC Helix ITSM
BMC Helix ITSM 19.05 brings advancements for DevOps, providing seamless cognitive service management across multi-cloud services, providers, and environments.
- Integration of Azure DevOps Services:Provides single-pane-of-glass collaboration and management of Azure DevOps work items and BMC Helix ITSM incidents.
- DevOps-Driven Change Management:New risk analysis module calculates the risk level of every brokered change from leading agile development tools such as Jira, enabling flexibility for auto-approvals. Organizations can deliver rapid changes without downtime or outages.
BMC Helix Business Workflows
BMC Helix Business Workflows 19.05 streamlines service management for lines of business.
- Conditional Task Flows:New conditional branching for workflows has been part of BMC Helix Business Workflows for a while, but this enhanced version has improved guidance and visibility into tasks.
- Confidential Dynamic Fields:With this release, personal data will only be displayed to agents who have proper permissions.
- Dynamic Case Assignment:Now cases can be assigned to support groups and agents dynamically, depending on location or via round-robin scheduling. Get even more functionality for fair and shared case assignment, optimizing cases among the group to make sure work is evenly distributed.
- Email Attachments:You can now send emails with attached files.
- Tier 4 Categories:New Tier 4 categories provides a new level to help you organize your categories.
BMC Helix Platform
With 19.05, BMC Helix Platform enables new cognitive UI and other enhanced functionality to bolster the overall BMC Helix solution and gives developers powerful capabilities to enhance, extend, and customize their apps.
- Cognitive Usage Dashboard:Through IBM Watson Assistant, administrators can get details on usage metrics for both auto-classification, auto-assignment, and chatbot applications.
- Cognitive Search in Custom Apps:By using natural language query, custom applications can allow cognitive search capabilities across the BMC Helix Platform data and external data file systems and databases.
- Embedded Process Designer in App View:Developers and business analysts can launch the process designer directly in the created application to create, modify, and manage processes and workflows without having to leave the app.
To support the BMC Helix 19.05 announcement, we have updated the following content:
Find Out More and Spread the Word
Please check out the robust resources available in the links above to enable customer success with BMC Helix. Partners, be sure to follow and engage with us on social to stay current on BMC Helix and help us get the word out to even more customers: