FACT SHEET: BMC IT Service Management Product Portfolio
Read today’s press release about updates to the BMC Portfolio.
As the worldwide leader in IT Service Management (ITSM), BMC Software enables customers to connect and automate incident, problem, change, asset, service level, configuration, and service request management processes for IT organizations.
From simple help desk control up to service and business alignment; simple tasking to out-of-the-box, best practice ITIL processes; on-premise or on-demand delivery models -- no other ITSM vendor has the breadth and depth of choices affording customers the ability to find the exact match to their needs for today, and for tomorrow.
Only BMC has solutions that transcend the lines between traditional IT service support and operational management. IT Operational Management (ITOM) enables enterprises to evolve their ITSM practice to new levels of maturity including network, database, application, availability, performance monitoring, as well as configuration management and workload/process automation.
Unlike other vendors’ one-size-fits-all approach, BMC offers four major ITSM products to meet each customer’s unique business needs. The portfolio includes:
Each BMC ITSM product has been completely updated with new social, mobile, analytic and cloud capabilities to help IT organizations deliver a dramatically more satisfying experience to employees, while increasing IT productivity and lowering costs.
Highlights of some of the new areas of innovation include:
BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 8.0
- New integration of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite with Twitter and RSS enable proactive communication of service status to users impacted by service disruptions
- Virtual Chat for Remedy® (VCR) provides a virtual agent that utilizes Artificial Intelligence and integrates with multiple knowledge repositories to provide quick resolution to issues
- New agent-to-user and agent-to-agent chat capabilities improve user satisfaction while improving service desk staff productivity
- New Concierge Bar capabilities bring a new level of service to the enterprise user
- New data management enhancements result in reduced administrator time with faster data loads, simpler upgrades and improved question configuration capabilities in service request management (SRM)
- New BMC Remedy IT Service Management Process Designer provides simplified process definition capabilities with drag-and-drop visual process design for the entire Remedy suite of products
- New Service Context feature delivers real-time information about a service (or application) to all IT staff from support teams to operations groups
- New and improved SRM user interface makes finding and requesting the right IT services much easier
- New mobile applications for incident, change and approvals processes are true applications, not simply mobile browser-based views. This allows service desk staff to continue work, even when not immediately connected to the network
BMC FootPrints 11.5
- Updated user experience enhancements make navigation more intuitive and suggest solutions improving end user satisfaction and productivity
- New filtered social media feed now provided on the BMC FootPrints dashboard provides the ability to create incidents from Twitter and Facebook. This not only allows users to report incidents using the method that’s easiest for them, it also gives service desk staff an early-warning radar of user concerns and questions
- Updates to integrated financial asset data sources drives accurate decision making and improves IT efficiency
- Increased IT productivity with “cradle-to-grave” automation reducing manual tasks including multi-casting, software patching, automated event management resolution and intelligent agent deployment and management
- New integrations with BMC FootPrints Asset Core 11.5 intelligently integrate asset data with either on-premise BMC FootPrints Service Core or SaaS-based BMC Remedyforce Service Desk solution
- Updates support next-generation technology such as Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 2008 Server R2, SQL Server 2012, Ubuntu 12, Redhat 6, and MacOS X Lion
- New BMC FootPrints Migration Manager updates now expand the reach for migration and desktop transformation projects with support for server-based user profiles, additional profile types, an updated user interface, added application support, and a simplified upgrade process
BMC Remedyforce Service Desk
- IT service desk technicians can now resolve issues faster with automated tasks like system reboot or software install on a user’s machine through a new integration with BMC FootPrints asset management
- New release management capabilities help IT organizations better provide visibility and control across multiple change requests and tasks required to update simple or complex enterprise applications
- Chatter is now available for both IT staff and end users of the service desk, making social communication integral to the entire user and agent experience
- Self-service users can now approve requests in addition to logging requests, checking status, and searching the knowledge base
- Over 50 new, customer-suggested enhancements deliver faster time to value and improve overall end-user satisfaction
- New web and mobility enhancements improve service delivery and IT productivity
- New administrative features streamline IT processes
- New features including increased encryption and authentication enhancements strengthen security
- Support for 3rd party hosted email services enabling customers to embrace cloud hosted email services
- Automated report distribution streamlines communication and collaboration
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 50,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives. For the four fiscal quarters ended June 30, 2012, BMC revenue was approximately $2.2 billion.
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software, Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © Copyright 2012 BMC Software, Inc.