BDA 8.9.03 is now available !
I am pleased to announce the general availability of BladeLogic Database Automation 8.9.03. A lot of key capabilities and user requests have been addressed and hope you upgrade your environments as soon as possible and take advantage of the all the R&D effort that has gone into this release.
Some key highlights of the release are as follows.
- Apply inline patches before or after CRS configuration
- Define custom fields for scheduling options
- Ability to override Action templates
- REST API Commands for patching functions
- Support for SAP Sybase Server 16.0
- Support for sha256 algorithm
For a complete list of enhancements and supportability improvements, see 8.9.03 Enhancements.
Database Automation is now more secure: We have enhanced the product to make it more secure by addressing lot of security issues like:
- Multiple Reflected XSS
- Updated vulnerable libraries
- SQL Error Disclosure
- Cross Site Request Forgery
- Denial of Service
- Adopting to SHA 256 SSL certificates
Platform support Update:
We have added new database platforms as follows:
- Sybase Server 16
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Core Support
and have also added supported for windows server 2016.
Platforms to deprecated: The platforms below will be deprecated from the next release:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Windows Server 2008
I would also like to bring to your notice that the Database Automation windows CmdUtils will also be deprecated from the next release onwards.