BMC Mobility for IT Service Management is a pre-configured, easy-to-usesolution that is optimized for the mobile worker. Applications areavailable immediately for service desk, change, asset, service catalog, andrequest management across iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Android and Windows Mobiledevices. And with support for both on-premise and SaaS-based deploymentmodels, the solution offers both innovative functionality and flexibility.
Enterprises are rapidly adopting advancedsmartphones and tablets to support their rollout of self-service IT servicemanagement, helping deflect call volume to the help desk, which radicallyreduces support costs. IT employees and business end users are also using thesedevices to browse, request, track and approve business services, such asresetting passwords, requesting new software or systems and viewing statusdashboards.
By helping IT service support technicians dotheir work without returning to their desks, organizations are able to obtainproductivity improvements of 30 percent or more. Further, by providing instantavailability to critical asset and service configuration information,organizations are able to more quickly address service-impacting events,thereby decreasing down time. By enabling IT managers and support employees tohandle approvals and resolve incidents anywhere, anytime, organizations cancontinue to maintain close adherence to ITIL® best practices.
BMC Mobility for ITSM provides immediateavailability of mobile applications for service desk, change, asset, servicecatalog and request management with support for on premise and SaaS-baseddeployments.
Some recent examples of how Mobile ITSM hasdelivered value to customers;
A Financial Services added barcode scanning capability in their six global data centersand was able to:
· Track the lifecycle status and locations of assets in real-time
· Cut inventory audits from weeks to hours
· Improve accuracy of assets in their CMDB from86% to 99.9%, resulting in better asset utilization and a reduction of capitalexpenses by 33%
An International Media Company enabled field technicians to take appropriate actions in the fieldwhich:
· Eliminated the need for manual dispatching, reducing the need for 40 servicedesk staff to each spend 150 minutes a day distributing tickets
· Eliminated thousands of daily calls to the service desk
· Cut SLA response times from 20 minutes to 5 minutes
· Saved millions of dollars annually for less than the cost of $1 per day perfield technician
Large U.S. Health Organization deployed Mobile BMC Remedy in less than a weekto the BlackBerrys used by managers and technicians, and:
· Cut average ticket time by 30 minutes
· Realized a 52% improvement in delivery of services – VIP tickets dropped fromdays to respond to hours