Yesterday we ran a very shortened simulation of our Cloud Solution Planning Workshop for some analyst and PR folks. One of the attendees was Scott Fulton of ReadWriteWeb, and he wrote up a blog with some lessons learned from the experience which you can find here. In case you're wondering what he took away from the experience, the five areas that Scott covers are:
1. Migrate with the right intentions
2. Separate your customer-facing services from your internal ones
3. Tether your internal and external services to one executive
4. Start with a shorter timeframe
5. Set your consultants free as soon as possible
Based on what I know about the workshop, these are absolutely correct. Again, you can find his full writeup here and more information on the real Cloud Solution Planning Workshop here.